September 2022 Principal’s Message
I am so excited to be back! It was four months since I last saw most students. I look forward to reconnecting with many of you this coming school year. The kinks for the most part have been ironed out these first couple of days, and we are ready to teach and learn together.
HEADS UP - we requested to move one of our wellness days (March 17th) to March 24th as we are hosting 1A girls’ provincials, and we would like our student body to be part of the experience. It will be busy, but afterwards, we have a long weekend to look forward to. Please make this adjustment on your calendars if you have one. Thanks
A few important notes for you to consider:
- Please do not send your child to school before 8 am.
- We are encouraging all students to go home for lunch if possible.
- Please remember:
- Parent council’s hot lunch order program will start in October
- School start time is 8:10 Monday - Friday.
- Lunch Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are from 12:03-12:43.
- Wednesday's lunch is from 11:50-12:25.
- Dismissal time Monday, Tuesday and Thursday is at 3:00
- Wednesday dismissal is at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday dismissal is 12:00.
- There will be no microwaves available to heat up lunches.
- Picture Day – On September 8th, LifeTouch will be coming in to take our pictures again this year.
- Volunteers are welcome as long as you have the necessary paperwork handed in at the office (Vulnerable Sector Search and Criminal Record History). Both organizations ask you to have a letter from the school to start the process. Please call the office, and we will be happy to provide you with what you need.
I know that September is an expensive month for many families, but our programs need your assistance. We ask that you please pay your resource fees ASAP or make arrangements at the school office. We accept cash, debit or e-transfers for all fees. You may use the following email address for all e-transfers: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Volleyball practices will soon be starting – have your child keep their ears/eyes open for dates and times.
Hot lunch order forms will be available online at stirlingschool.ca and/or there will be a few available at the school office. October’s hot lunch order form is due September 28th. The parent council is always looking to have more parents assist with hot lunches; please contact Mandy Nilsson if you are interested.
September at a Glance
- September 1 (Thursday)
- Picture Day
- September 9 (Friday)
- This is for all coaches who will be involved in volleyball, basketball, badminton, track and field, cross country etc.
- Coaches meeting in Magrath at 12:30
- September 9 & 10 (Friday/Saturday)
- SV Girls Volleyball Tournament at FP Walshe in Ft. McLeod
- September 13 (Tuesday)
- Golf Zones
- September 14 (Wednesday)
- Grade 7 & 8 Golf Tournament in Raymond
- September 16-17, 2022 (Friday-Saturday)
- Host JV Girls’ Volleyball Tournament
- September 23 (Friday)
- Tentative time and date weather depending
- 10:45 assembly
- Terry Fox run
- September 26–30 (Monday-Friday)
- Truth and Reconciliation Week
- September 29 (Thursday)
- Orange shirt day in recognition of tomorrow’s Truth and Reconciliation Day
- September 30 (Friday)
- No school
- Truth and Reconciliation Day
- September 30 & October 1 (Friday/Saturday)
- Grade 7 & 8 Girls Volleyball Tournament at Matthew Halton in Pincher Creek
- SV Girls Volleyball Tournament at McCoy in Medicine Hat