March Principal's Message
Congratulations to Drew Walters, Jim Seely, Kyle Nixon, Esther Beazer (coaches), and the boys’ wrestling team for winning the 1A/2A Boys’ Rural Provincial Banner. They will be attending provincials on March 10 and 11 at LCI. Our coaching staff also coaches the Raymond wrestlers, and our congratulations go out to the Raymond girls for winning the 1A/2A Girls’ Rural Provincial Banner.
The K-grade 9 report cards will be emailed to you on March 16, 2023. Demonstration of Learning for K-5 and Parent-Teacher Conferences for grades 6-12 will be held on March 23 from 3:30 - 6:30. Watch for links to sign up. You can come in person for parent-teacher conferences, by phone call or through Google Meet. Third, report cards for grades 10-12 will be sent out on March 31, 2023.
Save the date (heads-up) - on your original school calendar, March 17th was supposed to have been a non-school day. Due to provincials and with permission from central office, we moved that non-school day to March 24th, the following Friday.
If you are interested in assisting with 1-A Girls' Provincials (March 15-18), don't hesitate to contact Mr. Joey Lutz at email@example.com.
Please pay your resource fees or make arrangements at the school office if needed. We accept cash, debit, or e-transfers for all fees. You may use the following email address for ALL e-transfers: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Hot lunch order forms will be available online at stirlingschool.ca, and/or there will be a few available at the school office. In addition, the parent council is always looking to have more parents assist with hot lunches; don't hesitate to get in touch with Jessica Seely @ 403-593-9432, if you are interested.
The parent-Council meeting will be on March 30, at 12:45 pm in the school staff room.
March at a Glance
- March 1 (Wednesday)
- JV Boys (6:00 pm) and SV Boys (7:30 pm) at WR Myers in Taber
- March 3 (Friday)
- Ski day for the students who had signed up through WAS
- Departure times: Stirling - 12:10 PM
- March 3 - 4 (Friday and Saturday)
- JV Boys Final Tournament at Myers
- SV Boys at Olds College Tournament
- 2J Zones Tournament at Coaldale Christian
- March 6 - 11 (Monday-Saturday)
- Basketball Zones
- March 9 (Thursday)
- LST Meeting Cardston (Char)
- Equine at 10:10
- Girls' zone game on court A at 5:00 at LC
- Boys’ zone game on court A at 8:20 at LC
- March 10 (Friday)
- Division PD Day - NO SCHOOL for students
- Wrestling Provincials - LCI
- March 12 (Sunday)
- Daylight savings happens at 3 am. Don’t forget to spring your clock ahead by an hour.
- March 15 (Wednesday)
- Early dismissal (2:45) in lieu of health modules/ elementary collaboration
- March 16 (Thursday)
- Report card #2 for Grades K-9 will be emailed to students (7-9) and all parents.
- March 15 - 18 (Wednesday-Saturday)
- Host Girls’ Basketball 1-A Provincials
- Boys’ Basketball Provincials Glenmary, North West Zone 2A
- March 21 (Tuesday)
- HS Trip to Forgiveness at Theatre Calgary
- World Down Syndrome Day
- March 22 (Wednesday)
- All-Star game
- SV Girls (6:00 pm) and SV Boys (7:30) at Immanuel Christian
- March 23 (Thursday)
- Demonstration of Learning for K-5
- Parent-Teacher interviews for 6-12
- 3:30 - 6:30
- March 24 (Friday)
- Wellness Day
- No School
- March 26 (Sunday)
- Purple Shirt Day
- Epilepsy Awareness Day
- March 31 (Friday)
- Report card #3 for grades 10-12 will be emailed to students and parents.