Happy New Year to all of our Stirling School community; I hope you had a festive and enjoyable break through this bitter cold spell. With the latest government announcement, the school will reopen to students on January 10 at 8:10.
I wanted to publicly thank Mrs. Wehlage, Mrs. Merrills, all other elementary teachers, Educational Assistants, Mrs. Kayleigh Nelson, and Ayme Harding for putting on our virtual Christmas concert. I hope that you had an opportunity to watch and enjoy the outstanding job all of our students did.
I hope you took a moment to watch our virtual Award Ceremony, celebrating the students from the 2020-2021 school year. This was posted just before our Christmas break. Here is the link. Thank you to Mr. Morgan Schaufele for compiling all announcements. Thank you again to the many sponsors who make these scholarships possible.
As I am writing this newsletter, Volunteers are still welcome if you have the necessary paperwork handed in at the office (Vulnerable Sector Search and Criminal Record History). Both organizations ask you to have a letter from the school to start the process. Please call the office, and we will be happy to provide you with what you need.
Hot lunch order forms will be available online at stirlingschool.ca, or a few will be available at the school office. February’s hot lunch order form is due January 26.
The January Parent Council zoom meeting will be held on January 26th at 1:00 pm. Here is the Zoom link to the meeting.
Please go through the updated COVID19 checklist every morning. If your child is sick or exhibits any symptoms, please DO NOT send them to school. As teachers, we have always provided students with work if they missed school days or worked with them to catch them up when they returned. This has not changed.
January at a Glance
- January 12 (Wednesday)
- JV/SV boys host WR Myers at 6:00
- January 13 (Thursday)
- Host grade 7 girls and boys vs Cardston starts at 4. Two cross-court games at the same time - only 1 ticket per player for this game. Laker TV will be broadcasting both games
- Grade 8 boys vs Cardston starts at 4.
- JV Girls host PBHS at 6:00
- January 14 & 15 (Friday & Saturday)
- JV Boys at Oilfields Tournament
- Grade 8 boys at Seven Persons Tournament
- January 17 (Monday)
- JV/SV Boys host CCHS 6:00
- JV/SV Girls at Churchill at 6:00
- January 18 (Tuesday)
- JV/SV Boys host WCCHS 6:00
- January 20 (Thursday)
- Host grade 7 boys vs SpringGlen starts at 4
- Grade 8 boys at SpringGlen start at 4.
- January 20 & 22 (Thursday/Friday/Saturday)
- Co-host a JV boys/girls’ basketball tournament with KAHS
- January 26 (Wednesday)
- Zoom link
- Parent Council Meeting
- January 27 (Thursday)
- Host grade 8 boys vs Raymond starts at 4
- Grade 7 girls and boys at Raymond starts at 4
- January 28 (Friday)
- School-based PD Day - No School for students
- Grade 7 girls at Matthew Halton Tournament
- January 31 (Monday)
- Divisional PD Day - No School for students
- February 1 (Tuesday)
- First day of second semester for senior high school students