December 2022 Principal’s Message
Congratulations to Steve Evanson, Joey Lutz, Emma Heninger, and the Senior Girls Volleyball team for winning our first medal ever at provincials. Winning the bronze was a great way to end a fantastic season. Thank you to the coaching staff for the countless volunteer hours you put into practices, games and tournaments to have the student-athletes gain in skill level and confidence.
Our Christmas Concert will be in person for the first time in two years. Mrs. Wehlage, Mrs. Merrills, and a cast of the Junior’s Elf production have been working hard in preparation for the concert. We will have a matinee for the school on December 19th. Families will receive 3 matinee and 3 evening performance spots for either December 20th or the 21st. If you are NOT using your spots, please notify the school so others can attend. A link will be sent to you to reserve your spots.
Basketball season has started, and students and fans look forward to playing and watching games. As much as we love seeing everyone and encourage everyone to come to support our student-athletes, we are NOT a babysitting service. Staff are volunteering their time so that we can host games; please be kind. Elementary students, grades 5 and down, need to come to games with a parent(s). We ask you to keep your little ones in the gym sitting beside you and off the court, not running all over the place. We had a few close calls where little ones ran onto the court and nearly got run over by a referee. We will send students home if they are alone or do not listen to the supervisors. League games are free, but you need to pay to attend the tournaments we will host. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you have not done so, we ask that you please pay your resource fees ASAP or make arrangements at the school office. We accept cash, debit, or e-transfers for all fees. You may use the following email address for all e-transfers: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Hot lunch order forms will be available online at stirlingschool.ca, and/or there will be a few available at the school office. The parent council is always looking to have more parents assist with hot lunches; don't hesitate to get in touch with Jessica Seely @ 403-593-9432, if you are interested.
Parent-Council meeting will be held on January 26th at 2:15 pm in the school staff room.
December at a Glance
- December 1 (Thursday)
- Gr. 7 Girls (4 pm) and Boys (5:15 pm) @ Raymond
- Gr. 8 Boys Host Raymond - 4:00 pm
- SV GIrls @ Picture Butte - 6:00 pm
- December 2 (Friday)
- Divisional PD
- No students at the school
- December 2-3 (Friday-Saturday)
- Host SV Boys’ Basketball Tournament
- SV GIrls at Chinook Tournament
- December 5 (Monday)
- SV Girls host WR Myers 6:00 pm
- December 7 (Wednesday)
- SV Girls (6:00 pm) and SV Boys (7:30 pm) host Churchill
- December 8 (Thursday)
- Gr. 7 Girls (4 pm) and Boys (5:15 pm) @ Spring Glen
- Gr. 8 Boys Host Spring Glen - 4:00 pm
- December 9 (Friday)
- Grade 6 Girls at Barnwell Tournament
- December 9 and 10 (Friday and Saturday)
- SV Girls at CCH Tournament
- December 12 (Monday)
- SV Girls @ ICHS 6:00 pm
- JV Boys (6:00 pm) and SV Boys (7:30) @ KAHS
- December 13 (Tuesday)
- Town Library div 1
- December 14 (Wednesday)
- JV Boys (6:00 pm) and SV Boys (7:30) host WR Myers
- December 15 (Thursday)
- Gr. 7 Girls (4 pm) and Boys (5:15 pm) host Cardston
- Gr. 8 Boys @ Cardston - 5:15 pm
- December 15 - 17 (Thursday - Saturday)
- SV Boys at KAHS Tournament
- December 19 (Tuesday)
- Jv Boys (6:00 pm) and SV Boys (7:30) @ Winston Churchill
- December 19-21 (Tuesday-Wednesday)
- Christmas Concert
- December 21 (Wednesday)
- SV Girls @ KAHS 6:00 pm