Welcome to the 2019-2020 edition of Stirling School. I hope that you had an enjoyable and safe summer and that you took full advantage of the nice days that we did have. I am so excited for this school year to start. First, the construction mess is all cleaned up and done. Second, we have four new teaching stations to take advantage of during this new school year. And third, we will have our Grand Opening, September 17th, to make our new building official.
If the weather for the start of September is hot, it is easy to want to continue to wear non-school summer attire. We ask you as parents and students to please come dressed appropriately for school and adhere to the school dress code as stated in our Stirling School handbook.
I know that September is an expensive month for many families, but our programs need your assistance by you paying your resource fees ASAP or make arrangements at the school office. We accept cash, debit and E-transfers. Thank you.
All visitors please check-in at the office. We want to keep all of our students safe and appreciate your assistance with this simple but important procedure.
Our division has streamlined our “Athletic Acknowledgment Forms” online. You should have received an email and or text on August 22 with a link. This is for students planning on trying out for our school athletic teams grades 6-12. A student may not practice any sport until the form has been completed for each child. After a Student-Athlete is selected for a team, a medical form will still have to be completed and returned to the school. Parent(s) and student-athletes are to attend a meeting on Wednesday, September 4th at 7 pm in the school theatre. This is a mandatory meeting as outlined in our divisional administrative procedures.
“The Love and Logic approach to parenting is built around the science of crafting caring and respectful relationships. An authentic, loving connection between parents and their children is the root of a healthy, thriving relationship built on trust and understanding.” This is the Love and Logic philosophy. An article is published on a weekly basis on our school website and all articles are rotated and archived under the “parent” tab. Watch for these useful articles to help you.
All school news will be posted on our website www.stirlingschool.ca. Look for “Love and Logic” articles to help all parents under the parent tab.
Hot lunch order forms will be available online at stirlingschool.ca or there will be a few available at the school office. October’s hot lunch order form is due September 25th. Our Hope Squad will take a few of our Wednesday Hot Lunch days during September but will be sending home order forms before each event.
August/September at a glance
- August 28 (Wednesday) JV & SV school girls’ volleyball tryouts at 3:30
- September - Girls’ volleyball practices for junior high will start soon. Times and dates will be given to interested students at the first day’s assembly. Also, anyone interested in running cross country will have an opportunity to sign up as well.
- September 3 (Tuesday)
- First day for students grades 1-12, full-day.
- All grade 1 – 5 students will meet in their classrooms in the school.
- All grade 6-12 students meet in the theatre at 8:10 for an assembly.
- Kindergarten meeting for all parents: 8:30 for the morning class and 1 pm for the afternoon class.
- Grades 1-6 will be swimming after lunch, please bring your swimsuit and towel
- First day for students grades 1-12, full-day.
- September 4 (Wednesday)
- First day for morning Kindergarten group Elementary “Welcome Back” assembly around 10:30 in the theatre
- September 5 (Thursday)
- First day for afternoon Kindergarten group Preschool orientation – registered parents 8:30 and 10:30
- September 6/7 (Friday & Saturday)
- Senior Girls’ Volleyball at FP Walshe tournament.
- September 9 (Monday)
- Preschool classes start with classes running Monday & Wednesday and Tuesday & Thursday.
- September 10 (Tuesday)
- Picture Day – (Kindergarten parents are welcome to bring their child to have their picture taken or wait for the retakes which are later in the year.
- September 11 (Wednesday)
- Kindergarten parent orientation meeting 8:30 am in the Kindergarten room.
- September 13 (Friday)
- “Greatest Showman” movie in theatre @ 7 pm put on by the Stirling School Drama Club
- September 13/14 (Friday & Saturday)
- Senior Girls’ Volleyball at WCCHS tournament
- September 14 (Saturday)
- Grade 8 Girls’ Volleyball at Jamboree in Raymond
- September 17 (Tuesday)
- Stirling School’s Grand Opening/Meet the Teacher night and school tours from 5-5:45. The ceremony will start in the gym at 6 pm.
- September 19 (Thursday)
- University of Lethbridge Women’s basketball team (Amy Mazutinec and Savannah McKee) versus Lethbridge College Kodiaks scrimmage 6 pm.
- September 20 (Friday)
- Grades 1-6 - Farm Presentation in Raymond (45 - 60 minute)
- Weather pending, we will have our Terry Fox run around 10:30. More details to come.
- September 20/21 (Friday & Saturday)
- Host JV Girls’ Volleyball tournament
- September 27 (Friday)
- No school, teacher professional development day
- September 27/28 (Friday & Saturday)
- JV and SV Girls’ Volleyball at CCHS tournament
- September 30
- Orange Shirt Day – in support of “Every Child Matters”