I am so excited to start a new school year. I hope that you all enjoyed a wonderful summer. This past week, I have met with staff members to get ready for the upcoming year. They are working hard to be ready for your child(ren) to enter their classroom.
One carry-over from last year that we want to continue right now is for parent(s) to drop their elementary children off at the south doors, where teachers will greet them. Parents, please do not come into the building. In years past, instruction was interrupted because parents were waiting in the hallways and visiting. We are trying to build capacity in all of our students and part of that is independence. If it is necessary for you to enter the building please check-in at the office. We will call your child(ren) to the office area if that is needed. Please establish a meeting spot outside of the building if you are picking up your child(ren). With the road freshly finished we are asking you to NOT park directly in front of the Kindergarten/Preschool doors as this is a drop-off and pick-up zone for our youngest students, during school hours.
Unless restrictions change in the next four days, we are holding a “Meet the Teacher” night on, Thursday, September 2 from 5:30-7:00. This event is just for adults to keep traffic and numbers down (babies in arms are welcome). Come and meet your child(ren)’s, teachers. We are excited to see you.
A few important notes for you to consider:
- Please do not send your child to school before 8 am.
- We are encouraging all students to go home for lunch if possible.
- Please remember:
- School start time is 8:10 Monday - Friday.
- Lunch Monday, Tuesday and Thursday is from 12:03-12:43.
- Wednesday's lunch is from 11:50-12:25.
- Dismissal time Monday, Tuesday and Thursday is at 3:00
- Wednesday dismissal is at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday dismissal is 12:00.
- There will be no microwaves available to heat up lunches.
- Picture Day – September 13th LifeTouch will be coming in to take our pictures again this year.
- Volunteers are welcome if you have the necessary paperwork handed in at the office (Vulnerable Sector Search and Criminal Record History). Both organizations ask you to have a letter from the school to start the process. Please call the office and we will be happy to provide you with what you need.
Please go through the updated COVID19 checklist every morning. If your child is sick or exhibits any of the symptoms, please DO NOT send them to school. As teachers, we have always provided students with work if they missed days of school. This has not changed.
I know that September is an expensive month for many families, but our programs need your assistance. We ask that you please pay your resource fees ASAP or make arrangements at the school office. We accept cash, debit or e-transfers for all fees. You may use the following email address for all e-transfers: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Hot lunch order forms will be available online at stirlingschool.ca and/or there will be a few available at the school office. October’s hot lunch order form is due September 29th. Parents are looking to have more parents assist with hot lunches; please contact Mandy Nilsson if you are interested.